Thursday, December 11, 2008

School, Tattoo, Snow

Man, this job can get mundane. RTC has been going smoothly and I believe I've helped to put it on the right track- no more coloring, after all this isn't elementary school; students average time in RTC is decreasing (knock of wood); and I believe staff are starting to trust in me and the RTP process. That being said, with less students coming in my days are filled with silence and surfing the web. I have started to study for the GRE's a little, but with so much uncertainty as to when I will take the test it is hard to motivate myself.

I have been thinking a lot lately about getting a tattoo. I would want it to have some sort of significance, i.e. a tattoo that represents equality, or something that represents my heritage- a traditional tattoo or something. I drew a really cool fist representing power and it is coming out of an equals sign (=). The fist comes out of the top dash and out of the bottom dash is the arm turning into tree roots which represent growth. The = is not filled, and the fist is colored. It is really cool, but I feel like it would be cooler on a shirt than on my body. I have no idea where I would have it.

As far as a traditional tattoo goes, I would want a shoulder one that could wrap down to my arm or a leg tattoo that wraps around my calf. I am doing research on traditional tattoos, but I am not having much luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Unrelated to tattoos and school is the weather... we are getting hammered with snow. We have to snow blow the driveway twice a day and the banks are up past my knee! Crazy stuff. I like it, but I hope all the snow we are getting now means that Winter will be shorter. I have a feeling I am wrong on this one.

I am excited for Justin to come home, he will be here in a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

get a barbwire tattoo wrapping around your bicep...those are really popular! Or a heart with Mom written in the middle....very traditional.