Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Break

Two weeks ago it was December and I was excited for what was hopefully going to be an exciting break... and it was! Here are some of the highlights of my break...

... I saw several movies, including Seven Pounds (don't see), Marley and Me (please see it!), and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (interesting story, but creepy at the end)

I went ice skating and spent the majority of the day with an old friend...

... finished a good book!

Became overweight, haha...

... said goodbye to a brother and a sister as they left for Seattle (one on Christmas day, one on the 5th)

Celebrated several birthdays...

... drank- a little too much at times

went cross-country skiing...

... went snowshoeing

danced- a lot...

...won a hockey game

Christmas...

...Christmas Party

Played pool...

... spent New Year's in Petoskey

watched a lot of football...

... developed an abnormal sleeping pattern

blew out my right passenger tire...

... went broke buying a new tire

became addicted to Guitar Hero...

These are a few exciting events of an awesome break. I am sure there are several events I left out, but it was fun!

I went to bed last night with an extreme aversion for work. My job does not pay nearly enough and is not fulfilling. However, it is a new year and I have made a few auspicious resolutions:

1. Train and run a 15k (Probably the Cherry Fest race)
2. Make significant progress toward getting into Grad School (find several schools, take the GRE, and do well in my classes)
3. Get back into shape! (This more or less goes with goal number 1).

and currently.... find another (or new) job. Times are tough, and this one ain't paying the bills!

Those are my goals for 2009.

CHEERS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That lists looks like someone with a life that is not so bad. Great reflections Josh!